cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mats Norén <mats.no...@spectral.se>
Subject Re: Generator, Components question
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 08:01:47 GMT
Thanks Donald,
Looked at it and I think a can achieve what I want with it, however I´m not
sure on the syntax for esql:

 <esql:execute-query>
       <esql:query>query here</esql:query>
       <esql:results>
         <esql:row-results>
                <xinclude:include element="component"
ns="http://foo.bar.com/foobar" src="url_from_db_here"/>

How do I get the value from the db into an element attribute with esql?

/Mats

Donald Ball wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2001, Mats [iso-8859-1] Norén wrote:
>
> > Now to my question:
> > The sitemap is great for setting up pipelines and relating URI to them
> > but I would like to do it in a more dynamic fashion.
> > The application I´m developing is based on the concept of a page. A page
> > contains components like paragraphs, pictures, links, search-objects
> > etc. The description of a page is saved in a database. Basically the
> > description contains references to the components that should be
> > included in the page at requesttime.
> > There are generators for each kind of component to enable them to be
> > generated outside of a page.
> > What I would like to do is to create a page generator which based on a
> > database request triggers the generators for each component.
> > Basically I would like to achieve dynamic content aggregation.
>
> have you tried the CIncludeSAXConnector? see the aggregation sample
> (webapp/docs/samples/xsp/aggregate.xsp). i think a combination of esql and
> that will make you happy.
>
> - donald

Mats Norén
Spectral AB