cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] <parameter> or <map:parameter> ?
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 12:33:28 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Also, having parameters in the sitemap namespace will ease their
> distinction from configurations if parameters are mixed with
> configurations (AFAIK it's not possible for now, but maybe it could
> arise in future evolutions).

Configuration elements comprise EVERYTHING that is a sub of the
sitemap component declaration:

<map:generator name="foo" class="foo.Generator">
  <parameter name="foo-param" value="bar-value"/>
  <pool-controller min="1" max="10000"/>
  <email>
    <server>localhost</server>
    <address>foo@bar.com</address>
  </email>
</map:generator>

In the above situation, every child is part of the configuration
for the "foo" generator--including the <parameter/> element.  These
must not be made to be in the "map:" namespace.  It would preclude
the ability to convert the Configuration into Parameters in a simple
and sane manner.  This approach is used for some of the Components
already, and I would be -3 on seeing that go.

Regarding the parameters that are in the <map:pipeline/>, <map:view/>,
or <map:resource/> areas, am -0.  I prefer to see consistency.  Parameters
are configuration inforamation--even if they are runtime configuraiton
information.  They are configuration none-the-less.