cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] <parameter> or <map:parameter> ?
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 19:22:16 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2001, giacomo wrote:
>
> > > I just realized that <parameter> elements in the sitemap aren't in the
> > > map: namespace. Since they are handled by the sitemap, it would be more
> > > consistent for them to be in the sitemap namespace.
> >
> > I don't remember why this syntax is so but it was that way since the
> > idea of the sitemap was realized.
>
> +1 to change it before beta. now's the time to clean up inconsistencies
> like that.

I think part of the reason was that the Parameters object can be created from
a Configuration object containing <parameter> elements.  The Configuration
reader ignores namespaces, and uses the QName for the configuration names.
Hense, <map:parameter> as a configuration element would have a name of
"map:parameter" as opposed to "parameter".

Since we directly manipulate the Parameters object now, the <map:parameter>
approach will work.  I just like using the shorter "parameter" name.