cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: AW: [c2] still having caching problems
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 11:04:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>Donald Ball wrote:

>>applied, but any

>>not appear in

>>designer is going

>>>You are absolutely right, this is a show stopper.
>>>But in your example above, the whole pipeline for your pattern "*" is
>>>not cached at all, as the aggregate component is not cacheable right
>>>now (it declares cacheable, but returns "null" for the CacheValidity
>>>object).
>>>
>>okay.
>>

>>>According to other reports, did you try to turn off the "use-store"
>>>configuration of the TraxTransformer? There are some other reports,
>>>that after turning this off, everything works fine.
>>>
>>argh, i must've skipped right over that parameter dozens of times now.
>>yeah, if i set it to false, the problem goes away. makes sense. what
>>classes are responsible for the transformer store?
>>

> As far as I know, the TraxTransformer, the used Store and some
> Xalan classes. But I think the main logic is in the TraxTransformer
> itself.

It smells :) like the TraxTransformer is not updating
xslFileLastModified correctly. It only does this on setup().

It uses xslFileLastModified for validity stuff, while it uses
storedTime < xslFile.lastModified() for templates generation in
getTemplates(), which is called independently of setup()...

Also, this is only implemented for "file:" uri, while calatina, for
instance, could generate "jndi:" uris, and websphere "classloader:" uris.

Just two euro cents :)