cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Cocoon 2 in BEA WLS 6.0
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 19:23:06 GMT
Jiri Luzny wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> to place Xerces before the WebLogic jars is not enough, because Weblogic always uses
its own JAXP
> 1.0 JaxpFactory! Only solution is to modify two lines in Cocoon2 source code and directly
> instantiate the Xerces impl classes. I will send the modified class tomorrow (I don't
have it at
> home :-)).

It required editing the WebLogic start script, but it is possible--I have gotten past that
step.  The problem is now that you have gotten past the JAXP version issue, you have to
tell WebLogic that you don't want to use their parser--you want to use your own parser.

But yes, having a XercesParser class as opposed to a JAXPParser class will assist in
frustrating situations like what WebLogic forces you into.