cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can we move roles.xconf
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 13:42:23 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> > There is one change (that I think I can sneak in before hand) in Excalibur
> > that needs to be made: altering the policy of the RoleManager.  It should
> > be able to be written multiple times, and merge the results.
> >
> Does this mean we could have role definitions that augment the ones in
> cocoon.roles ? That would be great since it would avoid cut'n paste
> which is always a bad thing. My proposal then becomes "<cocoon
> additional-roles='myroles.roles'>".

Exactly.  Unless the end user overrides an already declared shorthand name,
we should be very happy.  Unfortunately, there is no way to keep that from
happening--so we need to document the shorthand names we have registered,
and mark them as "reserved".  The disclaimer should read "If you use any
of these shorthand names, we cannot guarantee the usability of your system".
Or something along those lines.