cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can we move roles.xconf
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 13:26:03 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> > What do you think of adding an optional attribute to the top-level
> > "cocoon" element that names an alternate roles definition file that is
> > loaded from the classpath, i.e. <cocoon role-defs="mysystem.roles"> ?
> > This affects only Cocoon.java, and not Excalibur.
>
> There is one change (that I think I can sneak in before hand) in Excalibur
> that needs to be made: altering the policy of the RoleManager.  It should
> be able to be written multiple times, and merge the results.

I have altered the DefaultRoleManager in Excalibur to be heirarchical.
It can either be created with or without a parent RoleManager.  Basically,
if the current RoleManager doesn't have a role available, it will look
at the parent RoleManager.  The RoleManager is instantiated like this:

RoleManager roles = new DefaultRoleManager(); // for the Cocoon roles
RoleManager userRoles = new DefaultRoleManager(roles); // for the user roles

DefaultComponentManager manager.setRoleManager(userRoles);