cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [C2] DatabaseReader
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 19:48:20 GMT
Check out the new update to DatabaseReader.  I made it cacheable,
and properly handle Last-Modified logic and prepopulate everything.
CachingKeys and CacheValidity is done pre-generation, but post-setup.
This allowed me to set up everything ahead of time, but forced me
to be creative with the Connection closing.

Basically the response went from >400ms for a 34KB image each request
to ~10ms for each request after that.

If anyone wants to give it a try, I highly recommend the update!

Also, make sure you update the libs--all the avalon jars have been
updated today (LogKit with functionality, and Framework/Excalibur
with bugfixes).