cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: [C2] ShowStopper (CachingStreamPipeline)
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 17:33:58 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I am going to check for Logger issues (i.e. Logger not set), but
> if this is a configuration issue, all configuration items should
> have a default.

After looking into it, we had an issue where we were comparing against
a null within the CompositeCacheValidity that came from the

It had a method like this:

 * Generate Cache Validity object
 * @returns null if not Cacheable
public CacheValidity generateValidity() {
    return null;

The problem is that the class also declaired itself Cacheable.

I changed it to return an NOPCacheValidity object on default.
I also changed the XSPGenerator class to return a
TimeStampCacheValidity object.

After extensive testing I no longer get the error.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message