cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2] sitemap design question (fwd)
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 13:05:32 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> hey guys. i'm still waiting to see if anyone has a suggestion for how to
> do this without using redirects inside xsp. otherwise i'm gonna put
> sendRedirect back in the Response object. :)

I think there is one side effect that I can't live without:

With sendRedirect() out of the picture for the Response object, you can't
do it within Actions (which to me is prefered even over the sitemap).

I don't like redirects in XSP because we are already sending information
down the stream, and there is no guarantee that the sendRedirect() will
be successful in XSP (once any information has been sent down the output
stream, you cannot invalidate it).

I like them in Actions because you are guaranteed not to be sending information
to the output stream--so they are safe, and make developing secure apps
alot easier.