cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: [C2][patch] Namespace bugs : the end ?
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 11:44:40 GMT
giacomo wrote:

> Scott, can you give us your oppinion on this issue?
> TIA
>
> On Fri, 4 May 2001, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> After deep investigation, I think I've corrected those damn namespace
>> bugs that where boring us and, more importantly, understood their cause.
>>
>> When correcting namespaces generation in xsp.xsl, I was wondering why we
>> had to explicitly add the xmlns* attributes while start/endPrefixMapping
>> should suffice. If these xmlns* attributes where not present, namespaces
>> declarations wheren't reported in the document output by Cocoon, while
>> this did not affect intermediate XSL transformations.
>>
>> So I digged in Serializer, then TRAX, then Xalan, up to
>> org.apache.xalan.serialize.SerializerToXML : this class simply ignores
>> start/endPrefixMapping. But according to ContentHandler's javadoc,
>> xmlns* attributes are present only if the "namespaces-prefixes" feature
>> is set, and this feature is optional and not set by default.
>>
>> I'm afraid this is a bug in Xalan. Should we forward this to xalan-dev ?
>

> I've forwarded this mail to Scott Boag.
>

>> As a workaround, I patched AbstractTextSerializer to ensure all
>> startPrefixMapping() have a corresponding xmlns* attribute, and this
>> makes Xalan happy... I also removed the creation of xmlns* attributes in
>> ContentAggregator an XIncludeSAXConnector, and all those extraneous
>> namespace declarations that cluttered aggregated pages have
>> automagically disappeared.
>>
>> So, from now on, use only sart/endPrefixMapping for namespaces
>> declaration, and don't care about xmlns* attributes.
>

> Thanks, Sylvain. Cool work.
>

>> I'm at home today, and don't have SSH on my win$ PC, so I attached the
>> patches. Can someone apply them ?
>

> I've used the TeraTerm SSH package (month ago) on the win$ platform.
> IIRC it is able to establish SSH tunnels as well.

I have a copy a MindTerm (I think it is not outdated) in

http://jakarta.apache.org/~sgala/mindterm/

Use appletviewer.html to run with java, ie.html for explorer,
signetdemo_ns.html for netscape.

You are able to configure tunnels, etc. You can also download
mindtermfull.jar and call it as java -jar mindtermfull.jar

It is very nice.