cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2] bug in component selector?
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 20:53:34 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> heya. after leaving my development site overnight, i come in to get this
> error when i hit any of the urls:

Hmm.  Ok. I am going to have to alter the ThreadSafeComponentHolder a little.
Basically what is happening is that the Cocoon object was disposed of because
the servlet instance was expired by the servlet engine.  As a result, all
components have been disposed of (and all containing components disposed of
their children).

It is an error to try and obtain a component that is disposed.  What is probably
happening is that the Pipeline is holding on to a copy of a disposed component
manager.

When cocoon is rebuilt, it is supposed to rebuild the entire component architecture
along with the Cocoon object.  This lengthens the first response--but it is safe.

I will alter the ThreadSafeComponentHolder to create a new instance of the
Component if it was disposed of earlier.  Not sure how it will work out though.

In the mean time, check the references.  If a Component that is disposed of is
reused this is a bigger error.