cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: C2: Sitemaps and DTD's]
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 20:31:44 GMT
giacomo wrote:

> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > Here is an issue that was brought up by someone on the Cocoon Users list.
> >
> > They have a DTD that they want a document to use (because of ENTITY declarations
> > and such).  The tool they are using to create the XML documents uses absolute
> > paths so it is difficult to move these documents from one machine to another.
> >
> > The solution I gave him will work, but the cost is pretty high (look below).
> > Is there anyway, we can configure an EntityResolver with pre-mapped DTDs?
> > IOW can we initialize the Parser to use local copies of a DTD without opening
> > a port to the same server and using network protocols to obtain a local DTD?
> >
> > I don't know if this would promote EntityResolver to a Component Status, but
> > it might be useful:
>
> Are you talking about a separate EntityResolver or "the" EntityResolver
> encorporated into the Environment object?

I was thinking "the" EntityResolver.  Reason being that if our version of the
EntityResolver were componentized, we would be able to integrate URLFactory
psuedo-protocols and predeclare DTD mappings.

I must admit to a certain level of ignorance with the EntityResolver.  Having
never used it, I am not sure exactly what it is supposed to do or how it is
supposed to operate.