cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject New committer introduction
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 09:26:45 GMT
Hi all,

I very happy and proud that my contributions were appreciated and to be
now part of this wonderful Cocoon project in this also-wonderful Apache
organization. Thanks a lot.

I'd like now to introduce myself more formally. I'm 34, live in Toulouse
in the south of France, and I've been playing with computers since the
age of 15 (remember the good old Apple II ?).

I have worked during 10 years in the space industry, building software
systems for satellite monitoring and control. In 1998, we switched from
C++ to Java and I became leader of a team devoted to building reusable
software components and promoting component oriented design for space
control systems. The last one that we've build when I left the company
was a distributed mission planning system of about 300k lines of
distributed Java code.

I then co-founded Anyware Technologies in July 2000 with a few
colleagues and friends because we were bored by the heavy process of
large companies and wanted to have more fun with Java and web
technologies. I have the shiny title of "Chief Technologist", which may
be presomptuous for a 15-people company ;-)

We are building enterprise web applications with products that we
developped on top of Cocoon and other open-source components. We started
with Cocoon 1, but are now in the process of switching to Cocoon 2 which
is, as Giacomo says from time to time "another beast", but what a
beautiful beast ! We are just starting the development of an IDE for
end-users of our products, and it will include a graphical sitemap
editor. If people are interested in it, I hope we can open-source it
(it'll be designed to be as independent as possible of other parts of
our products).

Thanks again.
--
Sylvain Wallez