cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [C2] ServletExec 3.1 Instructions.
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 10:56:49 GMT
John,

> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
> trying to load configurations

This is caused by the class loader problem (does not allow getResource to work...) To proceed
further you need to set either the classpath in the classpath.pref (and restart) or you can
add an
entry in VM options to point to the cocoon jar file.
"-Xbootclasspath/a:d:\servletexec\ServletExec
Data\default\cocoon\WAR\WEB-INF\lib\cocoon-2.0a6.jar"

Please do the same thing with Xalan and Xerces Jar's as they too load resources from their
jar
file.

My advice is to get this thing running by hook or crook before you try tweaking it and thinking
about compatibility of xercesm which jaxp etc... (IMHO)

Thanks,
dims

=====