cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kazimierz Pogoda <mori...@px.pl>
Subject Re: URL-decoding
Date Sun, 20 May 2001 21:17:41 GMT
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 02:54:02PM +0800, Frank Chen wrote:
> Hi:
>
> When sending BIG5 Chinese characters through form's GET method to Cocoon servlet,
> it would do the URL-decoding. However, it's conversion is not correct for BIG5 characters,
for a Chinese character is two Latin-1 characters, For example,
> '%A5x' is a Chinese character, but the conversion looks like treating %A5 is a Java character,
and so is x. '%A5x' should treat as a Java character.

> Is that possible to improve this support when Asian encodings get involved?

I'm not sure if my solution is perfect, but try something like this:

String parm = request.getParameter("parm");
parm = new String(parm.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), "BIG5");

It works for my Latin-2 encoding.