cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject [C2] Saxon doesn't seem to be working anymore
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 23:47:11 GMT
Hi,

Did anybody successfully run C2 with Saxon?

I tried several combinations, with no success. Apparently building
Cocoon with Saxon's own parser, Aelfred, doesn't seem to be supported
by Ant. I then placed xerces in the classpath and Saxon, but for some
reasons Aelfred is always picked as the XML parser, no matter how I
rearrange the classpath. So for the moment I decided to give up trying
to build Cocoon2 with Saxon/Aelfred, and I focused on running C2 with
Saxon.

I then moved xerces and xalan out of the lib directory, and placed
Saxon instead, so that Saxon gets included in the war file. As I
started C2, I got a runtime exception:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
AbstractMarkupLanguage: SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found

So I placed xerces and saxon only in the war libraries. This time I
got another exception:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: ProxyEmitter.startDocument(): no underlying emitter
provided

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,
--