cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <scarva...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [patch] esql null column handling
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 15:18:56 GMT
On Mon, 14 May 2001 16:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com> wrote:

> > In my opinion, if() is why we can put code into the XML. If's in XML look
> > like crap. With donald's suggestion you can just use Java's if().
>
> i concur (obviously). you can do what you want to do like so:

It is far from obvious. I certainly did not know that the set of esql tags is meant to be
dependent on Java. If you approach the 'if' problem by stating it is simpler in Java, you
will tie esql to Java XSPs. I must say this is not how I saw the logicsheet, and it is the
reason for implementing null-handling in a language independent syntax.

I'll modify my code and resubmit it tonight.

Cheers,

Sergio