cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject [C2] new Browser component
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 17:29:03 GMT
Hi Davanum,

I was looking at the code in Cocoon2 and noticed that there are two
methods of selecting the browser: one is the old
BrowserSelectorFactory class, and the other one is the new
components.browser.Browser class which you've added recently, based on
my patch for C1.

My original patch for C1 was replacing the entire logic for selecting
the browser with a new logic, which takes into account not only the
user agent string, but also the accept header of the HTTP request. The
idea is that if the user agent is not known by Cocoon, the media type
is identified based on the Accept: header in the request. The default
media types are described in the Browser.xml file.

Does it make sense to use this approach only? I am thinking to enhance
the Browser component to also do the media selection.

Thanks,
Ovidiu