cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bayer <ba...@oio.de>
Subject Re: [C2] bug in xsp.xsl get-nested-content
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 07:39:14 GMT
Hallo,

Donald Ball writes:
 > On Tue, 1 May 2001, Thomas Bayer wrote:
 >
 > > i've encountered serveral problems with prepared statements in
 > > esql.xsl and with xsp:element. The problems have to do with the
 > > get-nested-content and the template with the match="text() pattern in
 > > xsp.xsl. The test: $content/* in get-nested-content is also true if
 > > there is only one text child. To fix the problem we have to look if
 >
 > are you sure that that is in fact the case? i just re-read the xpath rules
 > on the subject and i honestly can tell for sure if it's true or not -
 >
 > http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#node-tests
 >
 > in this case the principal node type would seem to be element, so the *
 > test should match any element children, but not match a single text
 > child...?
 >
 > could you perhaps post an example of esql usage that will generate this
 > error?
 You are right about the spec. But when I'am trying the following:

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">
  <page>
    <xsp:element>
      <xsp:param name="name">hossa</xsp:param>
    </xsp:element>
  </page>
</xsp:page>

and than have a look in the generated java code. I'll see:

this.contentHandler.startElement("",
                                 this.characters("hossa");,
							     this.characters("hossa");
								 , xspAttr);

After adding the predicate I get:

this.contentHandler.startElement("", "hossa", "hossa", xspAttr);

Perhaps this is only the case with my configuration ( Xalan-2.0.1.jar,
Cocoon2 a5 Build at 23. April).

Thomas