cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott N. Smith" <Scott.N.Sm...@hotelinfosys.com>
Subject RE: [C2] Who's responsibility is it to close the output connectio n?
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 22:26:56 GMT
> Should we state that all Readers and Serializers MUST
> close the connection, or should we do that at the Servlet
> level?  I think this is a rather important issue, as
> it is a resource leak.

FWIW, I vote for the Servlet to do it because:

1.  This can be a hard bug to find if the user's code doesn't do this.
2.  It doesn't take much time to close a closed connection, does it?

Here's maybe a better idea.  Have the Servlet close them be the default, but
offer a configuration flag to turn the auto-closing off.

-Scott