cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Allan Erskine <a.ersk...@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject [C2] allowing multiple additions with DatabaseAddAction
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 01:29:49 GMT
I'm using a modified DatabaseAddAction that allows multiple additions for
multi-valued parameters.  I've found it useful esp for adding multiple
entries for lists of checkboxes and multi-line selects.

Unfortunately it involves using a modified AbstractDatabaseAction too (not
too modified, still back compatible), and the way I've gone about it seems
really cludgy.  I have the feeling that the current DatabaseAction code
wasn't really written with multiple additions in mind.

Does anyone else think that being able to add multiple records at a time is
useful?  And if so, is there a better way of going about it than cludgy
hacks to the DatabaseActions?

Allan