cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: [C2] XSP based Action
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:45:19 GMT
At 5:11 PM +0100 19/4/01, Allan Erskine wrote:
>Any thoughts?  The first way seems easiest...

Thanks Allan, this is going to be very cool!
Just when the discussion gets interesting, I am off for a weeks holiday ;>

When I get back, I start work writing our new Crudlet 2.0 TagLib, the first
thing I'll be asking advice about, will be ....

	What is the best way to write the XMLFragment implementing support
objects for a TagLib so that you do not have to write output code for both
DOM and SAX?

	As Cocoon 2 is the future, it makes sense to me to "natively" output SAX
Events, and have some sort of "adapter" to capture the events and convert
them to DOM for output to Cocoon 1. (the opposite of DOMStreamer?)

	Does this make sense?

	Is it possible?

I would ideally want to do this in a way that does not require Both Cocoon
1 and 2 to be able to compile the XMLFragment Objects.

Any suggestions would be welcome, but you won't hear from me for a week.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <>