cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp/docs/samples/xsp cookie.xsp
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 15:19:02 GMT
At 10:05 PM +0200 19/4/01, giacomo wrote:
>> So my position is:  XSP for sitemaps, serverpages, flowmaps, actions,
>> aspects.
>
>-1 XSP for sitemaps (XSP is not the right markup-language)
> 0 XSP for serverpages (already the case)
>-1 XSP for flowmaps (same as sitemap)
>-1 XSP for actions (an Action is not generatin any XML so XSP is of
>                    no use here)

Hmmm, don't completely agree here, I believe it would be very useful to be
able to use XSP TagLibs in Action generation.

For instance, in the Crudlet TagLib, there are tags that retrieve data and
update a Bean, tags that set things up, trigger Events, and Tags that
output XML.

It would be extremely useful to be able to do any events, update and
setting up in Actions, controlled by the SiteMap, and then use Output tags
within the XSP Page.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre