cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] XSP based Action
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 14:52:24 GMT
At 2:00 PM -0400 19/4/01, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:

>> When I get back, I start work writing our new Crudlet 2.0 TagLib, the first
>> thing I'll be asking advice about, will be ....
>>
>>         What is the best way to write the XMLFragment implementing support
>> objects for a TagLib so that you do not have to write output code for both
>> DOM and SAX?
>>
>>         As Cocoon 2 is the future, it makes sense to me to "natively"
>>output SAX
>> Events, and have some sort of "adapter" to capture the events and convert
>> them to DOM for output to Cocoon 1. (the opposite of DOMStreamer?)
>>
>>         Does this make sense?
>>
>>         Is it possible?
>
>Is this something you can accomplish using <xsp:element> and <xsp:attribute>?
>If that is the case, then let Cocoon do the hard work for you.

Hi Berin,

Thanks for the reply, I've just got back .....

It is just too complex, I think it would be possible if I only had Simple
Properties but I have to be able to recurse through Beans and their
Composite Properties (Beans that contain Beans) etc, building XML that
represents the Bean/Property structure.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

regards Jeremy