cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Morphis
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:34:09 GMT
I took a look at Morphis and it looks very similar with Cocoon and the
kind of work I've been doing last year with the browser capabilities
database and the XHTML language and stylesheets to convert to WML and
HTML.

One thing which is different, not necessarily bad or good, is that
their WAX language seems to be very WML centric. My approach was to
center the language used for presentation on XHTML rather than on
WML. It makes things a lot easier for developers to migrate their
already existing Web applications to wireless devices. Other than
that, they also seem to be doing a lot of stylesheet optimizations and
data gathering which makes the life easier for developers.

For those interested in what I've been doing in this area, take a look
at my slides at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/apachecon-2001/

I'm still trying to see whether I can make the stylesheets available
to the project. Would this be something of interest to the project?

Greetings,
Ovidiu

PS: Oh, BTW, I noticed Morphis is released under GPL, so there might
be some problems integrating their work in Cocoon. Just a thought...