cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: [C2] IBM XML Security Suite
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:44:44 GMT
I looked at it a few months back, and it certainly is a very powerful
technology. Too bad is not released under an open-source license...

I believe the encryption technology for XML documents will take off
very soon, with all this Web services fervor happening. The technology
is very powerful as it allows an XML document to pass through multiple
gateways/routers without being compromised. The confidentiality is
fully assured between the sender and the receiver. It is certainly
more powerful that today's implementation of SSL on top of HTTP, as
the document is no longer passed unencrypted to its receiver by the
Web server.

Regards,
Ovidiu