cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]: Countdown for going beta
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:36:08 GMT

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Please see below.
>
> --- giacomo <giacomo@apache.org> wrote:
> > Now that we know that Avalon is focusing on May 11 for beta we should go
> > beta as well some days after (except there are issues which need to be
> > solved prior to go beta).
>
> Can we go beta along with them? on May 11?

Well, I don't know yet if I have the time to do it on May 11th, thus
giving myself a few days to do it :)

> > I like the plan how avalon will go productive.
> >
> > 1. Do a beta 1 release.
> > 2. Clean up docs and latest bugs for about a month.
> > 3. Do a beta 2 release.
> > 4. See if things have stabilized another month.
> > 5. Go productive.

Do we need release candidates? AFAIR we never had a release
candidate so far, Robin?

> Sounds like a plan.
>
> > Is there a need to have a separate CVS repository for C2 to cleaner
> > separate C1 from C2 and have the ability to label the releases?
>
> Yes, +1 for a separate CVS repository.

Sam, can you open up a repository with the hole C2 history in it but
without being tagged?

> > Here are the points from the todo-list:
> >
> >   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
> >    Reloading of jar-files.
> >    The class-path for the Cocoon-Servlet is only build once when the
> >    servlet is initialised. If you want to deploy other jar files you
> >    have to restart the servlet. A reloading of the Cocoon is not
> >    sufficient. This is not very convenient. Suggestion: When Cocoon is
> >    reloaded (a new cocoon instance is created then) the classpath is
> >    rebuild and used.
> >   </action>
> >
> > Can someone tell us the status of this?
> > Is this an issue that must be solved for Beta 1?
>
> IMHO, This is not needed for Beta1.

Ok.

> >   <action context="code" assigned-to="DM">
> >    Make the evaluation/application of logicsheets in the XSP system
> >    reliable and usable without hassle to the logicsheet programmer
> >   </action>
> >
> > I don't know the status of this. IIRC this issue has to do with Berins
> > complains about having to declare every namespace in XSP page which are
> > used by the logicsheets and their logicsheets and so on.
>
> Yes, this is done. Will remove it.

Cool :)

> >   <action context="code" assigned-to="PR">
> >    Implement transparent content aggregation at the pipeline level.
> >   </action>
> >
> > This is done (might be buggy concerning namespace handling. This is
> > true for sitemap level aggregation as well)
>
> We need some samples and expected results from some of the Namespace Guru's. Any volunteers?

Yes, definitely.

Giacomo