cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Problem with SubSitemaps and XIncludeSAXConnector
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:12:35 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I get the Exception at the bottom of this email when I try to include something
> specified in a subsitemap.  The question I have is how does a sitemap allow you
> to incorporate EventPipelines that are declared in subsitemaps?  Can there be
> a second method available to the sitemap specification that returns an EventPipeline?
> At least to internal components?

?? It already has! Look at the ContentAggregator. The question is how
can one gets the "current" sitemap. For the ContentAggregator it's easy
because it's already in the "current" sitemap. But I've questioned
several times how can/should we make that available to selected
components because it doesn't make sense to offer the sitemap to every
component implementing an interface or alike (IoC) [Sitemapable :]. One
approach is that the current sitemap is passed to the EventPipeline
which can pass it to the XIncludeSAXConnector (I think this is whom
you'd like to pass it).

Giacomo