cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2] problem with site aggregation
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:05:51 GMT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> hey guys. i'm trying to build an aggregating sitemap. here's a sample:
>
>    <map:match pattern="aggregate/*">
>     <map:aggregate element="root"
> ns="http://intranet.webslingerZ.com/xml/site/v1">
>      <map:part src="meta.xsp" element="meta"
> ns="http://intranet.webslingerZ.com/xml/site/v1"/>
>      <map:part src="{1}" element="page"
> ns="http://intranet.webslingerZ.com/xml/site/v1"/>
>     </map:aggregate>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>
> unfortunately, the src attribute in the second part resolves to the
> following url:
>
> file:/usr/local/jakarta/webapps/intranet/content/{1}.xml
>
> that is to say, the sitemap is trying to resolve {1} in the sitemap, not
> the matched wildcard from the match pattenr.

While Berin has solved this ...

> also, i think we should either:
>
> 1. add an attribute to map:part indicating that the sitemap should strip
> the root element from the included sax stream
>
> 2. eliminate the requirement that map:part must specify an element to put
> the included content under - just take the included document and mount it
> directly underneath the root element.

... I've made element attribute optional for map:part element and added
a optional strip-root attribute to the map:part element which can have a
value of "true" or "yes" (or anything else to indicate false) to strip
the root element of the aggregated content if needed :)

Giacomo