cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap AbstractSitemap.java
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:21:46 GMT

On 23 Apr 2001 bloritsch@apache.org wrote:

> bloritsch    01/04/23 10:53:45
>
>   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         AbstractSitemap.java
>   Log:
>   Fixed Showstopper.  The Sitemap must be made SingleThreaded

<snip/>

>   -public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap,
Disposable, ThreadSafe {
>   +public abstract class AbstractSitemap extends AbstractLoggable implements Sitemap,
Disposable, SingleThreaded {

Can you explain this in more detail? The generated Sitemap should be
ThreadSafe. SingleThreaded IIRC means that there can only be one thread
using that component and each new Thread gets a new instance of that
class which is wrong. Well, it might be that I've introduced some code
which prevents it from being ThreadSafe.

Giacomo