cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Sitemap Mounting issue
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:42:38 GMT

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> giacomo wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >

> <Snip/>
>
> > > 2) Make all paths referenced in the Sitemap Context relative.  This
> > >    allows for using the same stylesheets no matter how many levels of
> > >    Sitemap mounts we do.  It will also allow us to take advantage of
> > >    most servlet containers' security over files.  Lastly, it is more
> > >    intuitive for new Cocoon developers.
> >
> > I doubt the last sentence. Its like a chroot environment.
>
> (maybe I should have qualified it to _servlet_ developers)
>
> You presented some convincing arguments regarding the way it is set up now.
> There is still the redundancy issue with stylesheets.  How do I use a
> specific stylesheet without having 10 copies of them based on where the
> map is mounted.

I see I've never thought about them.

> We have a series of stylesheets that all pages are sent through so that we
> have a uniform look and feel.  I am trying to keep the modularity up and
> the rework down.  Would I specify them with "context://" URLs?
>
> IOW will this work regardless of the sitemap that is processing the request?
>
> <map:match pattern="**.html">
>   <map:generate src="foo.xml"/>
>   <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/foo2xhtml.xsl"/>
>   <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>

This is in fact a problem. The Environment object which acts as a
EntityResolver for the changable context root mentioned is not able to
get at a component manager to lookup the URL factories (at least I
haven't found a way). This leads to implement a context protocol in the
EntityResolver part of the Environment as well.

Any suggestion for an solution?

Giacomo