cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Protected area app
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 05:05:53 GMT

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Allan Erskine wrote:

> Regarding Martin's comment inside the protected area (it's been a useful example for
me - thanks!!), is there no clever way a matcher or selector can capture the aspect of repeated
session validation in every map:match fragment?  I haven't thought of one myself, but if you
could be assured that the following sort of fragment

> <map:match pattern="protected**">
>     <session validator action>
>         <any protected content generated/>
>     </session validator action>
>     <action failed>
>         <back to login/>
>     </action failed>
> </map:match>
>
> were always evaluated before any protected content, surely this would be all it would
take?  I'm probably missing something....

> For instance how about mounting a sitemap that doesn't care about security, only if the
validation on a security checking sitemap is passed....?

No problem. Replace the <any protected content.../> above with a <mount>
element.

Giacomo