cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject creating Overflow Resource
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:57:21 GMT

I think I've found the reason why C2 creates masses of Overflow
Resources from JaxpParser. The JaxpParser itself states that it is
ThreadSafe but extends AbstractXMLProducer which is Recyclable. The
DefaultComponentHandler for this class first checks if it is Poolable
(note that Recyclable exteds Poolable) and create a pool for it. This
leads to the creation of new instances whenever a parser is lookup()ed.
On the other side when the parser is released to the manager it is
passed back to the handler which examines the interfaces implemented by
the parser. The hnandler first tests if it implements ThreadSafe, (which
the JaxpParser it does, and thus does not put it back to the pool.

First we have to clean up the interfaces of the JaxpParser.

Second, Berin, could you double check if the sequence of interface
checks in the component management system in Avalon is correct?

TIA

Giacomo (which needs a little sleep now to be able to finish CA
tomorrow because its already 1am and I usually go up at 6:30am in the
morning)