cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp/docs/samples/xsp cookie.xsp
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:54:04 GMT

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, giacomo wrote:
>
> > C1 was *never* meant to be usefull in the web app arena and people doing
> > that are abusing it, point. If you like to use C2 as a "publishing
> > framework" only as C1 was meant you will not likely have the problem you
> > trying to make us belive they are.
>
> huh? if that's true, then why do we have xsp?

C'mon, Donald. XSP is ideal to incorporate logic in your "publishing
process". Get data from various sources and build up your XML content
to get further rendered by stylesheets. Write logicsheets to ease logic
usage for content writers. Do I have to tell you what XSP is all about?
AFAIK you are the person being with cocoon far longer that I am.

But tell us how many inconveniences you have struggled using C1 for
webapps!

Giacomo