cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2] simple sitemap question
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:12:00 GMT

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> giacomo wrote:

> > If I look into the sitemap.xsl Actions where configured like all other
> > sitemap components. Why do you say Actions don't get passed
> > Configuration objects?
>
> I am refering to <map:act> sections in the pipeline or action sets.
> Once the thing is originally configured, it can't have context dependant
> configurations.  Example:
>
> One action acts the same no matter where you use it.
> You have context dependant mapping info that can't be expressed in Parameters.
> Now you have to do one of two things:
>
> 1) Create a new instance of the action for all cases--not very flexible,
>    and it forces the sitemap to explicitly add 20 different declarations
>    for the same component.
> 2) Use this action, and specify an ancilliary configuration class that adds
>    the context dependant information.
>

> Basically what I am saying is that Actions are not passed Configuration objects
> at _run_time_.

I think I've really missed something. None of the sitemap components
gets passed Configuration objects at _run_time_. It's the same for all.
But you can pass Parameters as with all other SitemapComponents. So
Actions are (at least I thought I have implemented them that way)
treaded as any other SitemapComponent. It's adifferent case with
action-sets. Well, for them we haven't really specified how they should
be handeled by the sitemap engine.

Giacomo