cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp/docs/samples/xsp cookie.xsp
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:07:05 GMT

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This is the final step for being independent of the javax.servlet classes.
> I added the Cookie and Session class to the environment. Both have nearly
> the same functionality than their servlet pendants.
>
> I also cleaned up the environment by removing some of the methods in the
> Request und Response objects, mainly (--and please don't kill me now--)
> the sendRedirect method and some other methods for manipulating the response
> output. (For the first initial test, I only commented the sendRedirect etc out...)

Cool work ;)

> For a working version I had to change the Reader and the Environment interface to
> allow setting of the content length. The ResourceReader still contains a link
> to the javax.servlet classes. This must still be removed.

One thing I remember was getting the mime-type from the servlet engine
but I think this can be wrapped as well (haven't looked into the code)

> Another problem is the servlet api 2.3 - it changed the build.xml script. For both
> servlet apis (2.2 and 2.3) the same request and response classes are used as
> the environment.Request/Response methods don't use special servlet methods.
> Thus we could remove (except for the wrapper class) the difference between
> both servlet apis.

IIRC the spec 2.3 states that one *must* use the wrapper classes to wrap
Request/Response objects. In a early stage of Catalina some
functionallity wasn't available if the wrappers were not used.

> So lets see if we all can live with this solution. Comments are welcome...

Giacomo