cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/saxconnector NullSAXConnector.java SAXConnector.java
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:42:31 GMT

On 9 Apr 2001 prussell@apache.org wrote:

> prussell    01/04/09 14:25:56
>
>   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/components/pipeline Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         NonCachingEventPipeline.java
>                src/org/apache/cocoon/components/saxconnector Tag:
>                         xml-cocoon2 NullSAXConnector.java SAXConnector.java
>   Log:
>   Added component setup stage for SAXConnectors. Preliminary requirement for
>   IncludeSAXConnector which will form the foundation of the content
>   aggregation functionality within Cocoon2.

Paul,
Can you explain how this kind of content aggregation works together with
caching?

As far as I see caching, there will be an evaluation process going on
prior to pipeline production. But a SAXConnector as I understand it from
the code will not be able to determine its cachability in any way. Tell
me that I've missed something :)

Giacomo