cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [c2] use examples for sendRedirect in xsp pages
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:52:43 GMT
On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Yes, but using the coded selector is already messy enough.  It is possible,
> but it requires intimate knowledge of sitemap variable names and constructs.
> The average user isn't going to know that.

and writing your own selector is just as messy if not more so, since you
have to write java code that writes java code that interacts with a
vaguely documented environment. i'm beginning to think again that we need
some sort of expression evaluator selector so that we can write stuff like
this:

<map:test when="$request/foo='bar'">

hmm.

- donald