cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: AW: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp/docs/samples/xsp cookie.xsp
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:42:47 GMT
On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, giacomo wrote:

> C'mon, Donald. XSP is ideal to incorporate logic in your "publishing
> process". Get data from various sources and build up your XML content
> to get further rendered by stylesheets. Write logicsheets to ease logic
> usage for content writers. Do I have to tell you what XSP is all about?
> AFAIK you are the person being with cocoon far longer that I am.
>
> But tell us how many inconveniences you have struggled using C1 for
> webapps!

i guess maybe we're having a difference of opinion on what constitutes a
webapp. i consider my sites to be or to contain 'webapps' when they allow
users to manipulate the back-end data used to generate the site - and c1
and xsp is just as good for that as most any other tool.

i think the perfect web content management system has yet to be written,
though, and i agree that c2 is focused on being a content publishing
system - but that doesn't mean that it's not potentially useful as part of
a CMS, or as part of a webapp (whatever that is).

- donald