cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [c2] simple sitemap question
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:56:24 GMT
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The AbstractComplimentaryConfigurableAction (though the name is confusing)
> is used when you have a Configuration file that you want to load separately
> from the Sitemap.  The Sitemap configuration is not flexible enough for
> some Actions that need structured configurations like the {xxx}DatabaseActions
> and the convenience of the Parameters.  Since Cocoon doesn't pass Configuration
> objects, but Parameter objects to Actions, I created this thing to handle
> mapping requests from the database to form parameters.
>
> In the process, I envisioned a validation layer that would use the same
> configuration file and make sure the parameters were within constraints.
> I also had some other purposes in mind.
>
> The end result is that we have a framework Action that can load an XML file
> and treat it as a Configuration.

and it's a nice piece of work - i guess it's the word 'Complimentary'
that's tossed in there that makes it sound confusing...

> As to the class used to resolve URIs, I am not sure.  The Log message
> could be downgraded--it depends on context whether it is truly an
> error or not.  Please note that INFO won't allow you to attach
> exceptions to the message, so it would be either WARN or DEBUG.

i'd vote for DEBUG, myself. right now, every time i hit a pipeline that
doesn't have a url-specific stylesheet, i get a stacktrace dumped to
cocoon.log - not a very performant solution. it seems that since the error
is signaled by tossing an exception to whatever invoked the
EntityResolver, that it can decide whether or not it's actually a serious
error or not. make sense?

- donald