cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject [c2] xsp engine changes
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:28:49 GMT
thanks to the patches from dims and sylvain, two huge problems with the
xsp engine have been resolved - xsp compilation errors now show the actual
error in the source code on the error page (whee!) and the extraneous
calls to startPrefixMapping and endPrefixMapping have been resolved. now
we just have to figure a way to deal with figuring out when to apply
logicsheets. i'm beginning to think that we should not rely on namespace
declarations, but rather have the xsp page authors indicate manually which
logicsheets should be applied, and their order. if we do go that route,
we'll need some way to indicate to a logicsheet if it's been applied
before on a given page so that it doesn't re-add class-level logic,
leading to duplicate method and variable declarations. any thoughts?

- donald