cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: logging in c2
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:59:57 GMT
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Peter Donald wrote:

> >* multiple output targets (key for production servers)
>
> which of course logkit has.
>
> >* hierarchical categories (sitemap, xsp, parser) as well as error severity
> >reporting (debug, info, etc.) (key for debugging)
>
> which of course logkit has.

well, then, sweet. why aren't we using categorized logs then in c2? if you
can tell me how to add categories to the log calls, i'll do some grunt
work. i mean, for instance, currently the componentmanager logs about a
trillion things i don't care about to the log flagged DEBUG. i could notch
up the error level that makes logkit put 'em in cocoon.log, but then i'd
lose all of the other debug logs.

> >* broader development community behind it
>
> logkit doesn't have ;) - but does it need it ? ;)

i hope not. :)

- donald