cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:43:36 GMT
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Done....Also what else did you guys talk about? :) [I mean anything
> that you can share...]

oh, gobs of stuff. mostly, we made many promises of a cocoon2 beta within
the month so i hope we weren't lying. ;) let's see... we gabbed about
content aggregation and caching for a while; i played around for a bit and
decided giacomo's wrong, we need a results cache, squid can't vary its
cache as flexibly as we need. ricardo tried to sell us on an alternate way
of doing xsp logicsheets, whereby certain elements are mapped to methods
using reflection. i played around with that idea for a while and didn't
have too much success but it's out there on the table. makes certain
things easier, but other things harder. um. talked about the steps we need
to go through to get c2 deployed on an apache.org server so we can link to
a live demo and then start working on possibly moving xml.apache.org to
c2. talked about ovidiu prescu's patch to add a browser capabilities
database to c1 and how we might do that in c2. dunno, some other stuff -
i'll post more if i recall anything interesting.

- donald