cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Error problem with Xalan?
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:18:02 GMT

It looks like a bizarre Xalan namespace bug.  Can you let me know the
version of Xalan you are using?

-scott

                    Berin

                    Loritsch             To:     "cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org" <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    <bloritsch@ap        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    ache.org>            Subject:     Error problem with Xalan?

                    04/27/2001

                    11:51 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

I have a stylesheet where I am changing XForm-like markup
to HTML markup.  The problem comes when I try to create an
HTML Select tag.  TraxTransformer (and Xalan) are returning
this exception:

ERROR   19930   [cocoon  ] (Thread-11): Error in TraxTransformer:
file:/C:/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/ad-approval/stylesheets/xform2xhtml.xsl; Line
69; Column 45;
; SystemID:
file:/C:/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/ad-approval/stylesheets/xform2xhtml.xsl;
Line#: 69; Column#: 45

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: select is not allowed in this
position in the stylesheet!

The offending line is included here:

      <xsl:when test="$type='menu'">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="xform:item" mode="menu">
             <select name="{@ref}" alt="{xform:hint}"> <!-- ***** OFFENDING
               <xsl:with-param name="value"><xsl:value-of select
="exfm:value"/></xsl:with-param>
             </select>
           </xsl:apply-templates>
      </xsl:when>

Why is Xalan treating <select> and <xsl:select> the same?  this should not
be.
Is this a Cocoon environment error, or a Xalan namespace bug?