cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp/docs/samples/xsp cookie.xsp
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:44:18 GMT
Hi!

This is the final step for being independent of the javax.servlet classes.
I added the Cookie and Session class to the environment. Both have nearly
the same functionality than their servlet pendants.

I also cleaned up the environment by removing some of the methods in the
Request und Response objects, mainly (--and please don't kill me now--)
the sendRedirect method and some other methods for manipulating the response
output. (For the first initial test, I only commented the sendRedirect etc out...)

For a working version I had to change the Reader and the Environment interface to
allow setting of the content length. The ResourceReader still contains a link
to the javax.servlet classes. This must still be removed.
Another problem is the servlet api 2.3 - it changed the build.xml script. For both
servlet apis (2.2 and 2.3) the same request and response classes are used as
the environment.Request/Response methods don't use special servlet methods.
Thus we could remove (except for the wrapper class) the difference between
both servlet apis.

So lets see if we all can live with this solution. Comments are welcome...

Carsten