cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [C2]: Request/Response cleanup?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:09:54 GMT
Hi,

regarding the current Request/Response objects of the environment,
they are still some problems to fix:
1. They still depend on the javax.servlet package.
   This is caused by the usage of the javax.servlet.http.HttpSession
   and the javax.servlet.http.Cookie objects.

   We could remove these dependencies by creating one classes for
   Session and Cookie, like we did for the Response and the Request.
   I think this makes sense for the Session, but I am not sure
   about Cookie as not every environment will support cookies.

2. Some methods should not be allowed resp. might not available in
   every environment.
   We should remove the sendRedirect() method to avoid messing up
   the output (as Stefano suggested).
   Further, there might be method which only make sense with http
   environment. How should we handle these?

What do you think about this?

Regards
Carsten

Open Source Group              sunShine - Lighting up e:Business