cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: AW: cocoon-reload=true or cocoon-reload%3Dtrue ?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 07:00:40 GMT
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> Quoting Matthew Langham <mlangham@sundn.de>:
>
> > Giacomo,
> >
> > hey - someone else working on a Sunday :-)
> >

> > > why is it that I need to enter "cocoon-reload%3Dtrue" in my Netscape
> > browser
> > > and "cocoon-reload=true" in IE to get Cocoon to actually recompile the
> > > sitemap?
> >
> > Last time I've checked there was no need for reloading the sitemap.
> > Remember that the sitemap recompiles asynchoniously so you don't get the
> > expected result after the first try (not even the second one :).
> > <<
> >
> > I know the sitemap is compiled in the background .. but there are times
> > when
> > I need to wait for the result - and I thought "cocoon-reload" was the
> > way to
> > do this - and hence my question.
>
> IIRC using cocoon-reload does wait for the sitemap beeing
> reinstantiated/recompilled. It might be usefull if you have
> changed jars in
> the
> WEB-INF/lib section (but I've never tested if it reloads all references to
> jars).

The last tests I made some weeks ago, showed that new jars are not loaded
as the classpath is build only once when the servlet is initialised.
This is an issue we should also fix for the beta release...

> BTW: Can anybody imagine how to prevent using cocoon-reload because of DoS
> attacks?

This is a serious problem. Several times I heared the wish to configure somewhere
if reloading is allowed. So e.g. a parameter in the "web.xml" could solve this.
I am not quite sure if this is the right approach.
However, if cocoon-reload is specific a check takes place if anything has changed
since the last compilation. And if not, nothing is recompiled.

> > But dont worry - its Monday - and Carsten is here - so I can get him to
> > look
> > :-) (Hey I love being a manager - sometimes) :-)))))
>
> :P
>
> Giacomo

Carsten