cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: cocoon-reload=true or cocoon-reload%3Dtrue ?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:06:15 GMT
After some investigation in this problem, I found a difference in the
servlet engines.
The CocoonServlet.getCocoon() method checks the pathInfo of the request:
<<code snip>>
    private synchronized Cocoon getCocoon(final String pathInfo, final String reloadParam)
{
        if (this.cocoon != null) {
            if (this.cocoon.modifiedSince(this.creationTime)) {
                log.info("Configuration changed reload attempt");
                this.createCocoon();
                return this.cocoon;
  !!TEST!!          } else if ((pathInfo == null) && (reloadParam != null)) {
                log.info("Forced reload attempt");
                this.createCocoon();
                return this.cocoon;
            }
  !!TEST!!      } else if ((pathInfo == null) && (reloadParam != null)) {
            log.info("Invalid configurations reload");
            this.createCocoon();
            return this.cocoon;
        }

        return this.cocoon;
    }
<<end code snip>>

So the cocoon-reload parameter does only take effect if the pathInfo is null. Using
Tomcat 3.2.1 the pathInfo is always null, so the cocoon-reload works fine.
Using e.g. Bea 5.1 the pathInfo is never null but the name of the requested resource,
so cocoon-reload never works!
Why is this test of the pathInfo here? What is the reason for this test?

Carsten