cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [C2]: Sitemap reloading
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:53:19 GMT
Hi,

sorry I am now a little bit confused about all this sitemap reloading stuff....
Perhaps someone can help me out of this, please.

This is the story I though it was true until today:

1. If the sitemap is modified, it is recompiled.
2. The recompilation is in the background.
3. Until the recompilation is not finished the old sitemap is used.
4. using the cocoon-reload parameter, a recompilation is forced if the sitemap has been modified,
the sitemap is compiled and the request is served with the new sitemap.

This is exactly the way, C2 works with Tomcat 3.2.1. But looking into the code for this (CocoonServlet
mainly) I didn't recognize parts 2-4. The ongoing discussion from today about the cocoon-reload
parameter showed that maybe my understanding is wrong:

The getCocoon() method gets a new Cocoon instance, if
1. The sitemap has been modified
2. The cocoon-reload parameter is specified and the request.pathInfo is null
3. If no Cocoon instance is available, the cocoon-reload parameter specified and the request.pathInfo
is null.

But where is the compilation in the background specified? I must be blind - I don't see it.

Carsten